Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What's To Come...



Found this article over at We Are The Market today. They (BPMW/We Are The Market) are in the midst of covering Capsule, Paris - which I imagine is a great show taking place right now in the city of love. I had the pleasure of attending the New York show last fall and was very pleased with the level of brands BPMW curates for the Capsule show.

As for the article, which was inspired by this post from Bruce Pask, menswear editor of the New York Times blog The Moment. I think the turn of "cool" into more trad wear was ushered in by the likes of Hiroshi Fujiwara the "father" of street wear, when he started Uniform Experiment. Considering that young Japanese trendsetters tend to have a major influence on their western counterparts here in the US. I.e. Bape, street wear, the sneaker craze etc. Perhaps this is why I found this article interesting, as it is a tale of what's happening right now in the "cooler realms" of menswear. I'm not talking about Milan and the runway or Paris and fashion week. I'm talking about hte people who set those "trends" before those looks hit the runway. Nonetheless we shall continue to push the boundaries of what it means to be Fre$h and Proper, indeed.

No comments: